Wednesday, September 26, 2012

adventures with water, part deux

So a few days ago, I talked about how water ordering procedures had changed.  You can read about it here if you missed it the first time.

Today I have the second and final chapter on this adventure.  And don't worry, it's no where near as long as the first...

I am happy to report that my roommate and I now have enough shui piao (water tickets) to last us a little while.  This means that I will now be able to ask the kind, out of breath water delivery men to put the tong (jug) in my dispenser and not feel guilty about it.

Of course, there may or may not have been a lot of running around to a number of locations, a few phone calls to sympathetic and extremely tolerant Chinese friends, a few mistranslations and misunderstandings, some pleading and a few tears in the process of getting the proper authorities to divulge the difeng (location), and I may have promised them my first-born son in order to get the tickets, but at least I've got some, and I know where to get more!

And besides, the joke's on the water people; I plan on having only girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment