(um... that says "Life." In case you couldn't see it ...)
I started this blog less than 1 month ago in an attempt to capture the beauty of life, the excitement I felt (or wanted to feel ...)
And it's been a battle ever since. Today's issue: will I be able to renew my visa before I leave? (not the credit kind - banks give you that automatically ... this is not always a good thing). Will I be able to leave on time, that is, according to my schedule? Will I find affordable tickets? AHHHH!!
But that doesn't mean I haven't had (some) joy. Let's see if I can capture some joyful moments here ...
- texting "daddy-isms" - things he used to say - back and forth with my sister the day my dad died. each one of these brought a smile to my face. I am close, though I am far.
- finding out that a couple friends got engaged on The Great Wall. and getting to scream for joy into their ears (over the phone, that is ...).
- green stuff everywhere and flowers blooming.
- spending time with some really sweet kids and their incredibly chill mom. baby cuddles and kisses are awesome!
- discovering an awesome new TV show: Sherlock
- hearing my kids kill it when giving speeches in class (ahem: killing it is a good thing...)
- clear blue skies and sunny days.
- writing an entire note in pinyin. it took a really long time. and my teacher didn't quite know what I'd written. but I tried ...
- laughing at the cashier's frustrated reactions when she can't make herself understood. it's nice to know I'm not the only one ...
- feeling very proud of a student who is doing better than he has all year long.
- being able to walk outside without being constricted by multiple layers of clothing.
- 8 more teaching days before finals. school is done in less than a month ...
more to come ...

No comments:
Post a Comment