Friday, May 4, 2012

"The Big C"



A co-worker sent me the image above.  And it is true. When cancer enters the picture, everything else becomes unimportant.

And one of three things happens:

1) you get irritated when people focus on what you see as trivial things ("Dude, there are more important things in this world than your cousin's dog dying!").
2) you become much more sensitive about trivial things (you're already emotional, so what would normally slide off your back irritates you to no end). But make no mistake: these small things still pale in comparison to the cancer.
3) a funny mixture of 1 and 2 that I don't really understand. But that doesn't make it any less real.

By the way, love the Joss Whedon reference. Made me laugh.

2 comments:

  1. So true. When my Dad told me about his diagnose, I was also this way. Somehow, though, I've just gotten on and I don't really notice it too too much anymore. Or maybe I am just "jaded" and unphased. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, this is Steph Yau. :)

      Delete