I was never one for comic books. Or cartoons.
But give me a live-action superhero, and ... wow. I'm happy.
Ahem, give me a live-action superhero movie and I`m happy. I don't think I`d know what to do with an actual superhero. Except maybe sweat out of my eyeballs and say, "uh .... uh ... uh ..." over and over again because my chin will be on the floor.
It's not the outfit. Though, if I'm honest, it's definitely not a deterrant.
So it's not just the outfit.
It's the idea that good ALWAYS wins. It's the idea that there are "humans" who can do amazing (albeit impossible) things. It's the idea that, though life is hard, people stick with it, and fight for what is right.
And they are usually fighting for something that is bigger than themselves.
These superheroes are not incorruptible. They are not perfect. They are very human in many ways.
But then again, they are oh-so-not.
However, these superheroes have struggled through the awkward years, with who they are, and have come to fully accept themselves, even if that means embracing difficulties and challenges. And making huge sacrifices.
And in the end, they accomplish great things.
I'm totally not into the "life imitating art" thing ... but there's something inspiring about the life of a superhero. The idea that an ordinary human can do extra-ordinary things is pretty cool.
I still can't fly, though. And yes, I do know I'll never be able to.
But that shouldn't stop me from trying to be the best I can be, warts, imperfections and all.
![]() |
| What's better than a superhero movie? A movie featuring many superheros! This one was fun, and I'm excited to see what they do for part 2! |




No comments:
Post a Comment