I am a schemer. I think through possible scenarios for my life, for things to happen, and then I just latch on to one I like and try to will everyone and everything around me to conform to this scheme.
Needless to say, I have very little control over anything. A fact that I am reminded of on an almost daily basis.
And yet ... I continue to scheme.
It's not really the scheming that's bad, but rather the latching on to schemes and trying to alter life, the universe and everything so that it fits my scheme and adds up to the magical and mystical "forty-two!"
It's all fine and good when you've got 40 and 2, or 30 and 12, but what do you do with 40 and 3? Or 39 and 2?
That's a whole other ball game, a different kettle of fish, a horse of a different colour .... and I'm out of metaphors, so you can breathe a sigh of relief.
But it's not all about me, is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment