I know what you’re thinking.
“Mel! Mely! Mels! Meller! Meanie! Melanie! Your birthday was 3 days ago! Get over
yourself!”
Nope. Not over myself just yet. Now deal with it.
And yes, someone at some point in time someone has referred
to me by one of those previously listed names … it’s kinda fun, actually. Except maybe the "Meanie" one...
I just wanted to update y’all on my birthday plans and how
they went down. Long story short: they
were great. Good food (Indian!), good
company, and great dessert. A good friend of mine here made a chocolate
layer cake, packed it with frosting and topped it off with strawberries and a
dangerous candle that ought to come with a “Warning: fire hazard” label. And if her son hadn’t cut a wire or two, the
candle would probably still be singing “happy birthday.” Yes, it’s a musical fire hazard. In other
words, had my friends insisted that I
hold the cake while it was lit, I just might be eyebrowless today. And if the candle were still playing “happy
birthday” …
Actually, that might have been fun.
I really am blessed to be here. When ex-pats are thrown into an unfamiliar
place together, friendships get formed quickly, and people are so willing to
reach out to each other and help one another.
Pakwaan, the Indian restaurant. The food was A. MAY. ZING. The company was pretty good, too.
I like the expressions on these guys' faces better ... sorry left side table people!
The candle looks rather harmless, doesn't it?
Looks can be deceiving. The whole thing pops open, and starts "singing" "Happy Birthday." Talk about starting off a new year with a BANG! (And eyebrowless).
And it would seem that "eyebrowless" is not a word. Oh, well. I used it three times anyway. So there, Grammar Nazi!
Love this! AND, I just realized that we both celebrated our 30th birthdays overseas!
ReplyDeleteHappy 30th to you!