I had big dreams for this blog.
I have big dreams? Hmmm…
Anyway, I had this vision of using it to write about real issues, things I’m wrestling with, in the hopes that I can encourage others in their daily struggle to live life.
And, truth be told, I've done that a few times. And it felt good.
And I hope to do it again.
But right now, my brain is just a scattered mess of thoughts as the daily grind continues to seemingly “grind” me into someone who goes home and doesn't want to even turn on a computer in an attempt to write things down to share with the world.
The faintest wisps of ideas are there, somewhere, and they tease me every now and again. But I can barely grasp them before they hide in the dark recesses of my mind, taken over by feelings of tiredness, of stress, and of the mountain of responsibilities and things that I’m just not doing right now.
Hence the not one, but TWO sinks full of dirty dishes that I am determined to tackle tonight.
(In my defense, the sinks are kind of small …)
In the past, my blog posts have kind of flowed out of me. At least that’s been the case for the ones that I've published. I just get an idea, and I start running with it, usually with few hiccups. That hasn't happened lately. It seems I've had to fight a lot more to start getting ideas down, and, more often than not, they end up sitting on my blog’s dashboard. That is, if they even make it out of my journal. Or out of my head.
I suppose it could be compared to writer’s block in some ways. It's just something I'm starting to accept as "Life as I know it right now."
Funny how, the older I get, the more I realize how much time I still have, how much I can do. And that God isn't in the business of getting us to do everything yesterday.
I'm still trying to figure out why I'm going through this. More on that some other time, though.
But never fear, cyberworld! I’ll be back with a vengeance!
At some point …
No comments:
Post a Comment